Coyote Kickoff is the first academic advising experience for all first-time college students at CGCC. Coyote Kickoff is mandatory for all first-time college students who intend to earn a degree or transfer to a university. Coyote Kickoff is a small group session in which students will:
- Learn appropriate college expectations.
- Learn about CGCC degree and transfer programs.
- Learn about tuition and financial aid.
- Learn to navigate the online Student Center.
- Register for classes based on placement scores and areas of interest.
- Register for New Student Orientation (NSO).
- Establish your Maricopa email.
In order to attend Coyote Kickoff students must:
- Set up your student account at my.maricopa.edu.
- Complete college admissions by logging into your student account or in person with the Office of Admissions, Registration and Records.
- Complete mandatory college placement test.
Coyote Kickoff will be offered on a walk-in basis beginning Monday, May 18, 2015 and concluding Thursday, August 20, 2015. Students who have completed college admissions and all three placement tests (Math, Reading and English) may proceed to Room 1155 in the Coyote Center between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. During Coyote Kickoff students will work with an advisor to identify first semester classes.
Students will have the option to:
- Work with an adviser one-on-one
- Complete an online advisement session
- Enroll in first semester classes
- Students will have the option to create a long-term academic plan (if their major permits).
Coyote Kickoff is self-paced and expected to take between 1-2 hours for most students. Currently Coyote Kickoff is only available at the Pecos Campus.