The Testing Center at Chandler-Gilbert Community College offers exam administration and proctoring services to members of our community. We are able to accommodate paper and pencil exams, exams that must be word processed using MS Word on a PC, and Internet testing. Exams are given in a classroom or lab with other testing conducted at the same time. Individual testing rooms are not available.
Guidelines for originating institutions
Fee: There is a flat fee of $20.00 per exam due at time of service.
Chandler-Gilbert Community College
2626 East Pecos Road
Chandler, Arizona 85225-2499
- Submit the signed Request for Proctor Service Form.pdf prior to having the exam sent to the Testing Center from the educational institution. Exams received without a prior signed request for proctoring services will be returned to the institution.
- If additional documents are need to be filled out, signed, sent etc. to students' institution, please allow 48 hours for processing.
- Same day processing of paperwork or proctoring will not be accepted, please plan accordingly.
- Appointments are required for all proctored exams, once exam has been received an appointment can be made, appointments are based on availability.
- Appointments cannot be guaranteed during peak CGCC midterms and finals.
- Specific proctors cannot be requested or assigned. Exams will be administered by any Testing staff member on duty at the time the test it taken. Current staff members: Bethany Moncivaiz, Coordinator Testing Services; Heather Elliott, Testing Technician; Michale Nadeau, Testing Technician; Megan Strand, Testing Technician; Alicia Colon, Testing Technician, Iesha Cora De Jesus, Testing Technician.
- Exams will be administered in the Testing Center facility that is monitored by proctors
- Internet or computer based tests can be administered but additional software cannot be installed. MS Internet Explorer, MS Office is available
- We cannot accommodate exam(s) requiring special administration such as an audio tape or CD Player, installation of computer based software, etc. (Note: Student must provide their own authorized supplies: pencils, headphones, rulers, scantrons, etc.)
- Complete instructions for the proctor must be provided in writing and must accompany the exam. Procedures conveyed by the examinee will not be accepted.
- Exams must be administered in one session either timed or untimed. Proctor will recording beginning and end time but will not time subsections of the exam.
- Proctors will not collect additional materials from examinee, such as take home tests, homework, projects, papers, registration forms, etc.
- Proctors will not accommodate requests for unscheduled or "drop-in" exams.
- Proctor will not interpret testing instructions or assist in a technical manner with online exams.
- Proctor cannot guarantee that technical problems or incompatibility will not occur with the student's online exam and the Testing Center Computers.
- All necessary test materials are to be supplied by the originating institution and must accompany the exam. This includes examinee information sheets, answer sheets, prepaid return envelopes, etc.
- The student or institution must prepay for courier or overnight return services and provide all necessary supplies. Please plan accordingly!
- Faxed tests will not be accepted
Guidelines for examinees:
- It is the responsibility of the examinee to contact the originating school to order tests, to make sure that the test materials have arrived prior to the test date, and to follow up on any instructions regarding clarification
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the CGCC Testing Center by relinquishing all electronic devices including cell phones, laptops, PDAs and tablets. Students cannot use their own personal electronic devises in the Testing Center.
- Current photo ID issued by school, city/state/federal government is required (ID without photo or issued by companies such as banks or gyms, check cashing or membership cards, will NOT be accepted)
- Examinee is required to create a student account through my.maricopa.edu. A student ID will be issued and utilized for payment purposes
- There is a $20.00 proctoring fee. Prior to the exam session an invoice will be printed for payment at the cashier's office. Fees may be paid by cash, check, or money order (payable to CGCC) or credit/debit card.
- Allow extra time for checking in and out, paying any fees and completing any necessary paperwork required by your school or institution. Exams will be collected 15 minutes prior to close of business. If the exam is to be copied or faxed or any other processing is required, the exam will be collected prior to the close of business
- Call 480.732.7159 or email email@example.com for additional information.