Once you have completed your CGCC Admissions Steps, completing the Placement Test is the second step in your educational journey. The Placement Test will determine your skill level in English, Reading and Math. The Placement Test results allow you and your academic advisor to determine which courses are best for you are you begin your education at Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC). Follow these 3 steps to complete the Placement Test:
Step 1: Prepare and Review Sample Questions
- ACCUPLACER Preparation
- ACCUPLACER Sample Questions
- ACCUPLACER WritePlacer Sample Essays
- Please allow 2.5 - 3 hours to complete all 3 subject areas. For single subject areas allow an hour for each.
- ACCUPLACER is an adaptive computer based test in an untimed format.
- Students taking the placement for a non-Maricopa college will be charged a $20.00 proctoring fee.
- First come, first serve. Please plan accordingly.
- Lockers are provided for FREE
Step 2: Bring the following with you to your Placement Testing Appointment
Note: There is no cost for the Placement Test services if you intend to enroll at one of the ten Maricopa Community Colleges. Free Lockers are provided for personal items.
Step 3: For the Placement Test choose the location of your choice:
Note: If you are requesting special accommodations for testing you must be registered with Disability Resources and Services (DRS) office, for additional information regarding special accommodations please call the DRS office at 480.857.5188. If you already have accommodations, please call the Testing Center to schedule your appointment at 480.732.7159 Pecos Campus or 480.988.8000 Williams Campus.