Applying for Admission to Chandler-Gilbert Community College
International Student Admission Requirements
Please review the information below and allow plenty of time to submit the required documents. Please print out and use the following International Student Admission Requirements Checklist to keep track of the requirements. Please use this checklist to help you keep track of these requirements.
There is NO application fee.
All documents must be originals. No facsimile copy or photocopy is acceptable unless otherwise stated.
- Complete the International Student Information Form.
- Your most recent TOEFL Score Report must be mailed from the TOEFL office directly to "CGCC International Education Programs" (student copies are not acceptable). Use our institutional code 8562. Admission to academic studies requires a TOEFL score of 500 for Paper Based, 173 Computer-Based (CBT) or 61 Internet Based (iBT). If you are applying for ESL courses (English as a Second Language) , you must provide evidence of a least intermediate command of English by way of one of the following criteria: a TOEFL score of 400 or 97 CBT, or six (6) years of English instruction as shown by the applicant's school transcripts. We also accept an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall Band Score of 5.5 or better for academic studies (CGCC’s case/file number is 9046), or STEP Pre-First Grade level to satisfy the minimum requirement for admission to an academic program and STEP Second Grade level for admission with ESL coursework. For information concerning dates and locations of the TOEFL examination in your country, contact the States Information Service at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate; or you may contact TOEFL by calling 1-877-863-3546 or faxing to 1-609-771-7500. http://www.toefl.org/. IETS www.ielts.org.
- Submit official copies of secondary school records (transcripts) AND certificate or diploma, along with a certified English translation attached to the originals if they are not in English. Graduation from secondary school comparable to an American high school diploma is required. This is schooling required before admission to a university. School records (or transcripts) include courses completed, completion dates and value earned for each course. Official copies from the school include the official school seal or stamp. Frequently U.S. Embassies or Consulates refer applicants to certified translators. All documents must be originals (not photocopies), preferably mailed to CGCC by the school, educational institution or Ministry of Education.
- Submit Evidence of Financial Support form showing that you have a minimum of $20,030 per year to cover tuition and living expenses. A letter from the bank must be included showing that the sponsor or the student (if self-sufficient) has sufficient funds on deposit. A monthly bank statement CAN NOT be used. The bank letter must be on official letterhead paper. The letter needs to include confirmation the sponsor has an account with the financial institution and there is at least $20,030 available in US dollars. While all efforts are made to present accurate information, changes in tuition and fees may be made without notice. Please note the American Embassy or Consulate will require another set of original financial documents.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities (if applicable) must be mailed directly from the college/university attended directly to CGCC International Education Programs.
- A photocopy of your identification page in your passport.
Additional Requirements if applying for a school transfer within the United States:
- A photocopy of the I-94 card in your passport.
- A photocopy of the visa page in your passport.
- A photocopy of ALL prior I-20s.
- A completed Transfer Eligibility Form by the student and the current Designated School Official (DSO) at the current school.
It is strongly recommended that all required paperwork be submitted at least six (6) months in advance from the time you plan to enroll. To be guaranteed consideration for admission, ALL application materials must be received by:
- Fall Semester (August - December) by July 15
- Spring Semester (January - May) by November 15
Please send all required documents to:
Chandler-Gilbert Community College
International Education Programs
2626 East Pecos Road
Chandler, Arizona 85225-2499 U.S.A.
If you have any questions, please contact:
International Education Program
Phone: (011).1.480.732.7391 or Fax: 1.480.866.8242
If you are accepted to Chandler-Gilbert Community College, a letter of acceptance will be mailed to you, along with your SEVIS I-20 form and other important information.
Students Under 18 Years Old:
CGCC recommends that students who are under the age of 18 (minors) have a guardian in the United States. In the event of personal emergency, accident, illness, incarceration, etc., the State of Arizona will require the signature of a guardian before assistance such as hospitalization, legal counsel, etc., can be offered. Chandler-Gilbert Community College is not permitted to act in the place of the parent or guardian.