Student F-1 Visa | Chandler-Gilbert Community College
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
CGCC logo

 International Education Program

Pre-Arrival Information
Please refer to links above for additional information

Obtaining a Student F-1 Visa

The primary student will need to apply for an F-1 visa at the nearest United States Consulate Office of Embassy in the home country.  Any dependents will need to apply for an F-2 visa.  Procedures to apply for a visa change from time to time, so you are advised to check with tour nearest consular office either by phone or website to find out what are the procedures and requirements in your country.  Students will need to take the I-20 the school sends you, along with your financial guarantee documents, and any documentations supporting your permanent residency in your home country with your to apply for a visa. You will need to call well in advance to schedule an interview with an officer.  The fee for processing the I-20 in $100.00, in addition to the visa cost, which caries from country to country.  The SEVIS fee must be paid before your visa appointment date.  Follow the link for information on how to pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee.