A summer financial aid application is no longer required. Students who meet the requirements below will be offered the aid they are eligible for.
Requirements for Summer Aid
- CGCC must have your completed a 2013-2014 FAFSA information.
- You must be seeking an eligible degree at CGCC. If you plan to take classes at CGCC only for the summer, we cannot offer you summer aid.
- You must be enrolled in courses and they must be required for your degree program.
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds from the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014.
Summer Requirements for a Direct Loan
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for summer. ◦NOTE: Your loan funds will be released 5 days after the start of the summer semester. If you modify your class schedule, change your enrollment status, or have a late starting class that is cancelled, your aid may need to be adjusted and you may incur a debt.
- You must not have used your annual loan eligibility amount during 2013 -2014, or you have not reached or exceeded your total aggregate loan limit.