Students must meet all eligibility requirements described here in order to be considered for Title IV federal financial aid at Chandler-Gilbert Community College.
- Have a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or pass an approved ability to benefit test.
- Be enrolled in an approved degree-seeking program at CGCC
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. See the glossary for the definition of eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security number. Exceptions to this rule are students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia or the Republic of Palau
- Male students between the ages of 18 and 25 must be registered with the Selective Service
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), according to CGCC's SAP Policy. Students who fail to maintain satisfactory progress are not eligible to receive federal Title IV assistance.
- Not be in default on a Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loan, Federal Supplemental Loan for Students or Federal Direct Loan nor owe any refund on a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant.
- Not have been convicted of violating any federal or state law of selling or possessing illegal drugs. Students who have a conviction(s) must call 1.800.4.FED.AID to find out how this law applies to you.