Chandler-Gilbert Community College is committed to ensuring equal access to college programs and activities for students with disabilities. DRS will provide services which foster personal and educational growth, recognizing the "student first" and "disability second."
Program Role & Function
To assist students with disabilities with access issues in order to participate fully in all educational programs and campus services:
- To promote college awareness of the needs and capabilities of students with disabilities.
- To serve as a resource for members of the college, community, prospective students, and parents.
- To provide advocacy, academic and personal support services.
- To empower students to gain the necessary skills, and knowledge to make informed decisions about their academic and life planning.
- To provide services and accommodations to meet the individual needs of students with documented disabilities.
Goal of DRS
To develop strong and supportive working relationships with those students who self identify their disability and register with this office. To provide advocacy, support services, and learning opportunities which empower students and promote independence.