New to college & need academic advice? Follow these steps:
1. Set up your student account at my.maricopa.edu
2. Apply for admission within your student account
3. Take the mandatory on-campus placement test
4. Sign up for the mandatory Coyote Kickoff (click to register)
Coyote Kickoff is the first advising experience for students at CGCC and is mandatory for all new college students that intend to earn a degree or transfer to a university. It is a small group session in which students will:
- Learn appropriate college expectations
- Learn about various CGCC degree & transfer programs
- Learn about tuition & financial aid
- Learn to navigate the online Student Center
- Register for classes based on placement test scores and areas of interest.
We encourage all new to college students to sign up for a Coyote Kickoff session immediately following completion of the mandatory placement test. Upon completion of Coyote Kickoff, students are cleared to work one-on-one with an academic advisor.