Coyote Kickoff/Initial Advising Session
At CGC all new-to-college, degree or transfer seeking students are required to complete an Initial Advising Session, which we name Coyote Kickoff.
In order to attend Coyote Kickoff students must first:
- Create a student account online and get a Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID)
Take Placement Tests (Writing, Reading, Math). Students can prepare for placement tests and review sample questions here.
- Login to your student account and Apply for Admissions to Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Submit proof of identity online or in-person with CGC's Admissions and Records Department
- Update residency information with CGC's Admissions and Records Department (this will be used for tuition calculations)
Students attending Coyote Kickoff will:
- Work with an advisor one-on-one
- Learn about CGCC degree programs and transfer pathways
- Create an academic plan and discuss first semester courses
- Learn to navigate their online Student Center
- Register for classes and New Student Orientation (NSO)
- Review college policies and expectations
- Understand tuition deadlines and how to apply for financial aid
Coyote Kickoff is self-paced and expected to take between 1-2 hours for most students.
Currently, Coyote Kickoff is only available at the Pecos Campus.