Expand All Collapse All
Step 1: Set up Your Student Center
(This can be done online from anywhere.)
- Go to my.maricopa.edu
- Click New Student? Click here
- Click Set up Online Student Center (found in the menu of options on the left)
- Follow the instructions to obtain your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID), password and student number.
(Students who do not wish to use their social security number must complete a Student Information Form in person at Admissions and Records.)
Step 2: Apply for Admission
- Go to my.maricopa.edu
- Click on the Student Center icon to the left of the page
- Login with your MEID and password
- Click Admissions
- Select Chandler-Gilbert Community College as college of choice
- Select type of Program (degree and certificate programs or non-credit)
- Select Term and continue with steps to complete admissions form
: According to MCCCD policy and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Amendments Act of 2008, students are encouraged to self-identify with the Disabilities Resource Services office at 480.857.5188
or visit: www.cgc.edu/disability
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for financial aid, scholarships and/or Veterans Education Assistance at www.cgc.edu/aid
. For more information call the Financial Aid Office: 480.732.7311
(Pecos Campus) or 480.988.8135
(Williams Campus). Federal school code is 030722.
Step 4: Activate Your Maricopa Email
- Go to google.maricopa.edu
- Enter your MEID and password
- Follow the instructions
- Agree to the Terms of Service
- Click Accept to create your email account
: All College communications will come through the Maricopa email address as well as the Message Center, both of which can be found at my.maricopa.edu
. We encourage you to check them both frequently.
Step 5: Take the Placement Test
(Allow three hours on campus)
- Prepare and review sample questions
- Bring with you to the placement tests:
- Maricopa Student Number (8 digits)
- Current picture ID
View the testing center locations and hours.
Learn more about the testing center.
Note: If you are requesting special accommodations for testing you must be registered with Disability Resources and Services (DRS) office. For additional information regarding special accommodations please call the DRS office at 480.857.5188. If you already have accommodations, please call the Testing Center to schedule your appointment at 480.732.7159 Pecos Campus or 480.988.8000 Williams Campus.
Step 6: Sign up for Coyote Kickoff
Coyote Kickoff is the first advising experience for students at CGCC and is mandatory for all new college students that intend to earn a degree or transfer to a university. We encourage all new college students to sign up for a Coyote Kickoff session immediately following completion of the mandatory placement test. Following completion of Coyote Kickoff, students will begin working one-on-one with an academic advisor.
Step 7: Pay Tuition and Fees and Obtain Textbooks
Tuition information can be located in the Student Center under the finances area. Select the Other Financial drop-down menu and click on Charges Due.
Choose any option to pay:
- Login at my.maricopa.edu to your Student Center.
- Under Finances, click Payment Options.
- Select Pay by Credit Card, echeck or Pay by Monthly Payment Plan.
- In Person:
- By Phone:
- To pay by credit card, call the Pecos Campus at 480.732.7312 or the Williams Campus at 480.988.8132.
- By Mail:
- Fiscal Office Pecos Campus 2626 E. Pecos Rd. Chandler, Arizona 85225-2499
- Fiscal Office Williams Campus 7360 E. Tahoe Ave. Mesa, Arizona 85212-0908
For more payment information, call the Fiscal Office at 480.732.7312 (Pecos Campus) or 480.988.8132 (Williams Campus).
Buy or Rent Textbooks
Buy or rent textbooks from the campus bookstore or online.