The CGCC Law Enforcement Training Academy is emotionally, academically and physically challenging. The academy meets Az POST standards and includes instruction in:
- Criminal Law, Traffic Law, Search and Seizure
- Rules of Evidence, Patrol and Observation
- Domestic Violence, Cultural Awareness
- Crime Scene Investigation, Crowd Control
- Death Investigations, and many other classes
The program also incorporates proficiency skills training in the areas of defensive tactics, firearms, high risk stops and vehicle/pursuit operations. Physical fitness is an important and regular part of the program. Az POST requires each cadet to qualify on the Peace Officer’s Physical Aptitude Test prior to certification. This includes 5 timed events: 6’ solid wall climb, 6’ chain link fence climb, 99 yard obstacle course, body drag
and 500 yard run.
Upon successful completion of the academy and the Az POST comprehensive exam, students are eligible to be certified police officers. In addition, students earn 30 college credits from CGCC.