Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Explain the physiology, benefits, indications, and contraindications and effects of the nine basic massage techniques.
- Appraise and refine Massage Therapy techniques to cultivate mastery of skills, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Describe and demonstrate the attachments, actions, therapeutic stretches, and palpation of trigger points of skeletal muscles.
- Perform a complete body massage appropriate for the client.
- Use Massage Therapy skills in a clinical setting under the direct supervision of a site director and the program coordinator.
Eligibility for Licensure
In Arizona, one must obtain a license from the AZ Board of Massage Therapy before being able to practice. This can be obtained only after the successful completion of a minimum of 700 clock hours of professional training at an accredited school recognized by the Board.
Upon completion of the certificate program or AAS degree in Massage Therapy, students are eligible to apply for Arizona State Licensure. To obtain an application packet and/or seek additional information on state licensure go to: https://massagetherapy.az.gov/