Applications for 2015-2016 Dual Enrollment tuition assistance are now available! In order to be considered, you need to have created a student account
, and your application packet must contain the following:
- Tuition Assistance Application - this needs to be filled out with the student's information and be signed by both the student and a parent/legal guardian. The section asking for classes the student intends to register for is useful to Financial Aid but not required.
- Documentation of Financial Need - this assistance is need-based, so students must submit a copy of one of the following:
- 2014 Federal Income Tax Returns which includes Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and parent signature(s).
- Unsigned 2014 Tax Return Transcript
- If federal tax returns will not be filed for 2014, submit W2s in addition to documentation showing participation in one or more of the federal benefits programs listed on the application.
- Federal tax returns from previous years or state tax returns cannot be used to determine eligibility.
- Documentation of Lawful Presence in the United States - Arizona law states that this aid can only go to students who have verified lawful residency in the United States. Please review the Examples of Acceptable Documentation.
The priority application deadline is Thursday, May 21, 2015. Applications submitted after that date will be considered and awarded on a first come, first served basis until funds are no longer available. Your completed application can be submitted to the CGCC Financial Aid office via the following methods:
- In person at the CGCC Pecos campus, Coyote Center
- Mailed to Chandler-Gilbert Community College, attention: Financial Aid, 2626 E Pecos Rd, Chandler, AZ 85225
- Applications submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
Eligible students will be notified in their Message Center, accessible by logging in to Student Center at my.maricopa.edu. The CGCC Financial Aid Office will not contact students about eligibility by phone or email, only through the Message Center. To check on the status of your application, please call 480-732-7275 or email DEtuitionassistance@cgc.edu. Please note that eligibility does not guarantee that you will be awarded.