Dual Enrollment Tuition Assistance 2013-2014
Applications for 2013-2014 dual enrollment tuition assistance are now available! In order to be considered, you need to have created a student account
, and your application packet must contain the following:
- Tuition Assistance Application - this needs to be filled out with the student's information, the classes they intend to register for, and be signed by both the student and a parent/legal guardian.
- Signed 2012 Federal Tax Returns - this assistance is need-based, so students must submit a copy of their family's signed 2012 federal tax returns which includes their Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). If the student does not qualify based strictly off of AGI, but can demonstrate need based on enrollment in a federal benefits program (social security, food stamps, AHCCCS, etc.), official documentation showing participation in that program can be included in addition to the tax returns, or with a Statement of Non-Filer from the IRS. Federal tax returns from previous years or state tax returns cannot be used to determine eligibility.
- Documentation of Lawful Residency in the United States - Arizona law states that this aid can only go to students who have verified lawful residency in the United States. Please review the Examples of Acceptable Documentation.
The deadline for turning in applications for priority qualification is Thursday, May 23, 2013 by 7:00PM. Applications turned in after this date will be considered on a first come, first served basis until funds are no longer available. Completed application can be submitted to the CGCC Financial Aid office via the following methods:
- In person at the CGCC Pecos campus, Agave Hall
- Mailed to Chandler-Gilbert Community College, attention: Financial Aid, 2626 E Pecos Rd, Chandler, AZ 85225
- Faxed to 480-857-5205. Note: a copy of driver's license or AZ state ID card as documentation of lawful residency can not be received through fax.
- Emailed to DEtuitionassistance@cgc.edu as a .pdf file (please try to keep the file size small)