Dual Enrollment Tuition Assistance 2014-2015
Applications for 2014-2015 Dual Enrollment tuition assistance are now available! In order to be considered, you need to have created a student account
, and your application packet must contain the following:
- Tuition Assistance Application - this needs to be filled out with the student's information and be signed by both the student and a parent/legal guardian. The section asking for classes the student intends to register for is useful to Financial Aid but not required.
- Signed 2013 Federal Tax Returns - this assistance is need-based, so students must submit a copy of their family's signed 2013 federal tax returns which includes their Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). If federal tax returns will not be filed for 2013, a Statement of Non-Filer from the IRS must be included in addition to documentation showing participation in a federal benefits program, for example: social security, food stamps, AHCCCS, and others listed on the application. Federal tax returns from previous years or state tax returns cannot be used to determine eligibility.
- Documentation of Lawful Presence in the United States - Arizona law states that this aid can only go to students who have verified lawful residency in the United States. Please review the Examples of Acceptable Documentation.
The final deadline for submitting applications is Friday, August 29 by 2:30 pm.
Applications submitted now will be considered and awarded on a first come, first served basis until funds are no longer available. Your completed application can be submitted to the CGCC Financial Aid office via the following methods:
- In person at the CGCC Pecos campus, Coyote Center
- Mailed to Chandler-Gilbert Community College, attention: Financial Aid, 2626 E Pecos Rd, Chandler, AZ 85225
- Faxed to 480-857-5205. Note: a copy of driver's license or AZ state ID card as documentation of lawful residency can not be received through fax.
- Emailed to DEtuitionassistance@cgc.edu as a .pdf file (please try to keep the file size small)
Eligible students will be notified in their Message Center, accessible by logging in to Student Center at my.maricopa.edu. The CGCC Financial Aid Office will only contact students through the Message Center, not by phone or email, so it's important that you log in and check it regularly. Tuition assistance will be awarded for up to 8 credits for fall 2014 and up to 4 credits for spring 2015. Please note that eligibility does not guarantee that you will receive the maximum award amount, and being awarded funds for fall 2014 does not guarantee awarding in spring 2015.