GENERAL SUMMARY: Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. The Store Associate is a Brand Ambassador, responsible for generating sales by engaging and connecting with customers. The Brand Ambassador is responsible for enhancing the customer experience by maintaining a neat, clean and safe working and shopping environment. Execution of all company-defined operational processes including: shipment, replenishment, recovery of the sales floor and fitting room, markdowns, signage and cash wrap maintenance, as well as maintaining merchandise presentation standards throughout the store are also key responsibilities of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Actively perform all role & responsibilities while demonstrating Brand Ambassador Characteristics & Core Skills
- Creates a positive, welcoming experience for customers (Joyful, Social and Approachable)
- Drives customer service and increases sales (In Service Mindset / Understands Fashion and Trends / Strong Communicator)
- Ensures that merchandise and store are easy to shop and accessible to customers (Decision Quality / Problem Solving)
- Contributes to a positive working environment (Respectful / Responsible / Team Oriented)
- Demonstrates a customer first mindset and is accessible at all times to ensure every customer has a great experience.
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess needs and make relevant merchandise suggestions.
- Educates customers on our product, offers, promotions and the Banana Republic credit card on the sales floor, in the fitting room and at the cash wrap.
- Speaks with knowledge and confidence to customers about styles, fit, fabrics, price and trends.
- Proactively demonstrates the power of yes, consistent with the Banana Republic Factory Store JOY service model training.
- Drives store sales by suggesting additional items to customers to meet their needs and wants.
- Processes customer transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Invites customers to participate in the Customer Opinion Survey.
- Demonstrates values and behaviors consistent with the Gap Inc. culture,
- Consistently provides support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
- Promotes a safe working and shopping environment, maximizing the customer and employee experience.
- Executes all operational processes effectively and efficiently including: shipment processing, replenishment, recovery, markdowns, signage and cash wrap processes.
- Ensures the stock room is neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Supports the store visual presentation by upholding standards throughout the day.
- Maintains the sales floor, fitting rooms and cash-wrap areas to meet brand standards.
- Completes any assignment directed by a leader / MOD that services the customer and achieves efficient store operation.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, including the Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
- Upholds data integrity guidelines when counting inventory, processing shipment and cashiering